Well summer is definitely over. It's officially been over for a while now, but in my mind, it ended on Sunday. There wasn't one event that happened, but rather a handful that made this clear to me. Saturday, I went back to Dubuque with a group of friends to watch the dog races. This was the last weekend that the dogs will run up there this year. We all had a great time (even though nobody won), but now we'll have to wait until the spring if we want to go up again. Then Sunday, the swimming pool finally was closed up. It really should have been done weeks ago - I haven't swam in it for maybe 6 weeks or so - but seeing the pool with the cover on it just drives home the point that the warm weather is gone. Then Sunday night, the Red Sox won the World Series and ended the baseball season. No more baseball until next year.
No more dogs, no more swimming, no more baseball - but I'm not completely letting go - not yet at least. If you need to get a hold of me this afternoon, I'll be on the golf course!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So, none of the dogs took a dump while being paraded around before the race???
i don't think the system works too well. there was one race where the dog took a poo, so i bet on him. then he tried to go a second time, but couldn't do it. then right before he went into the starting block, he tried again and this time he succeeded. he finished in dead last. maybe i should change it to a one-poo system!
That sounds like an ideal double down situation. I think the book states to drop the same amount of coin equal to the amount of times the dog drops ass. x($)=x(poo)
Does the size of the poo or the type of poo (runny, logs, etc.) matter? This is very important stuff to know when I next go to the dog track.
Post a Comment