Monday, November 5, 2007

Half full or half empty?

Are you an optimist or a pessimist? I usually tend towards the former (or try to anyway). Depending on your answer to that question, you'll either think my weekend was a really good one or a pretty sucky one. Let me explain...

Optimist Thursday - I went to Crusen's on Farmington Road to participate in the Sports Trivia Challenge - I was hoping to get my name drawn so I'd be able to play and they did - in fact I was in the first group. It was a really good time and I'll be going back this week as well!

Pessimist Thursday - After getting called up on stage in the first group, they proceeded to ask questions that nobody would know the answers to, like 'How many stitches does a baseball have?' or 'Who was the Sports Illustrated athlete of the year in 1973?'. I answered a few questions here and there, but I didn't do too well. By the end of the night, they were asking remedial questions that anybody could get, like 'What number is on the top of a dartboard?' or 'What bird name is the same as getting 3 strikes in a row in bowling?' Needless to say, the people who played later fared much better than I did.

Optimist Friday - I went to happy hour at Kelleher's - got to see a lot of friends and had a great time - went to the Recovery Room afterwards and played darts, where Ritter and I won a free breakfast from Victor and Gordo - stayed out much too late, but had a blast!

Pessimist Friday - On my way to Kelleher's, my friends Tim and Cathy called and invited me to a poker game. I haven't seen them in a few months and I really, really wanted to go, but I had already made plans so I didn't make it over there. I really wish I could have been in two places Friday night - I miss hanging out with those guys and hopefully we can start doing more stuff together!

Optimist Saturday - Bowled for Kids Sake in the morning, which was so much fun!! That evening, I started at Double A's with some friends for dinner and we ended up at Tomcats to watch Rachel's Hippo. They were great!

Pessimist Saturday - Some of the Jaycees set me up for a blind date Saturday night - I left Double A's to meet this girl at Kep's Place in Washington. It didn't go too well - in fact, she left about a half hour after I got there. I guess that was all for the best, as it wasn't going to work out anyway. At least I was able to catch up with the group again to see the Hippo, so the night wasn't a total loss!

Optimist Sunday - Went to TNT's to watch football - it used to be our regular Sunday hangout, but for some reason, everybody stopped going. It was good to get back out there with the fantasy football guys and watch all the games. My "big money" fantasy team did really well this week - in fact, over the last 2 weeks, I've gone from being down $150 to being up $200. That's a $350 swing in 2 weeks! Woohoo!!

Pessimist Sunday - When I got home from watching football, I placed a sizable bet (my remaining sportsbook balance) on Indianapolis to beat New England - and they were winning by 10 with 8 minutes to play. But New England came back and won the game, and now I don't have any more money left in my sports betting account. No more online betting for me - at least until they let U.S. citizens put more money in.

So as you can see, my weekend was the best of times and the worst of times. But I woke up this morning feeling pretty good about the weekend and I'm in a pretty good mood now, so I guess it's half full for me!!

3 comments:

gordo said...

I believe being paired up with Ritter for anything would qualify as "Pessimist Friday"

tucker said...

...but because of that pairing,"Pessimist Friday" ran right into "Tremendous 12 Saturday"!! Or "Scramber Saturday" is more alliterative...

Anonymous said...

Tucker Smucker,

I am going to forgive you this time for standing us up! We played until about 12:30 a.m. My thought was you could really do both, hang with your friends until 10:00ish then swing by for a couple of hours! It would be great to see you again one day. haha! We are planning a trip to Vegas for Grandma Rene's bday in March if you are interested. Anthony, Andrew, Patricia, Tim and me and anyone else who wants to join us! Keep some time blocked for that boy!

Your long last friend,

Catfish Hunter