Friday, December 14, 2007

Mismatch

Well, it's Friday here at work, and that means casual Friday. The shirts and ties that we're required to wear during the week get to stay in the closet on Friday, to be replaced by business casual attire. For us guys, that means a shirt with a collar, dress pants and shoes. Getting rid of the tie is a big deal - not that I mind wearing a tie every once in a while, it just doesn't make sense to have to wear one every day. Anyway, it's nice to get that reprieve, if only once a week.

Last Friday, when I got home from work, I saw a package sitting on my front step, and I knew exactly what it was - my new rugby shirt! I was so excited - I wore it to the poker game I hosted Friday, I wore it to bowling Monday and Wednesday too. The master plan though was to wear it today to work. I'm not sure what the powers that be will think of it, but it adheres to every guideline in our employee handbook when it comes to dress code. I even told a few folks at work to check out the shirt I'd be wearing today.

Well, last night when I got home, I logged on to Poker Stars and started playing poker, and my one-tracked mindedness kicked in. I sat and played until bedtime. i did win about $110 last night, but imagine my disappointment when I went to pull the rugby out of my closet this morning, and it wasn't there! Of course I knew where it was - in a pile with all of the other dirty clothes that I had planned to wash last night. Oh well, procrastination is still my middle name, and my rugby work experience will have to wait at least another week!

Speaking of poker last night, here's one of the funnier hands I think I've ever played - sometimes it pays to be lucky/stupid!! Limit Hold'em Blinds $1/$2...

*********** # 6 **************
PokerStars Game #13843743803: Hold'em Limit ($1/$2) - 2007/12/13 - 20:58:15 (ET)
Table 'Donar III' 10-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: docwally79 ($4.50 in chips)
Seat 2: AkuAku ($11.25 in chips)
Seat 3: Tuxter018 ($71.25 in chips)
Seat 4: vlarndt ($60.75 in chips)
Seat 5: pstvexpcttn ($30 in chips)
Seat 6: jaysona ($35.75 in chips)
Seat 7: Friar_Tucker ($106.25 in chips)
Seat 8: GARDOCK ($90.25 in chips)
Seat 9: Jefftrez ($111.25 in chips)
Seat 10: kennism ($45.75 in chips)
Friar_Tucker: posts small blind $0.50
GARDOCK: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Tuxter018 [6s 8s]
Jefftrez: folds
kennism: folds
docwally79: folds
AkuAku: folds
Tuxter018: raises $1 to $2
vlarndt: calls $2
pstvexpcttn: calls $2
jaysona: calls $2
Friar_Tucker: calls $1.50
GARDOCK: folds
*** FLOP *** [7s 9d 9c]
Friar_Tucker: checks
Tuxter018: bets $1
vlarndt: calls $1
pstvexpcttn: raises $1 to $2
jaysona: folds
Friar_Tucker: folds
Tuxter018: raises $1 to $3
vlarndt: folds
pstvexpcttn: calls $1
*** TURN *** [7s 9d 9c] [3d]
Tuxter018: bets $2
pstvexpcttn: calls $2
*** RIVER *** [7s 9d 9c 3d] [7d]
Tuxter018: bets $2
pstvexpcttn: calls $2
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Tuxter018: shows [6s 8s] (two pair, Nines and Sevens)
pstvexpcttn: mucks hand
Tuxter018 collected $25 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $26 Rake $1
Board [7s 9d 9c 3d 7d]
Seat 1: docwally79 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: AkuAku folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Tuxter018 showed [6s 8s] and won ($25) with two pair, Nines and Sevens
Seat 4: vlarndt folded on the Flop
Seat 5: pstvexpcttn mucked [5c 5h]
Seat 6: jaysona (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 7: Friar_Tucker (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 8: GARDOCK (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: Jefftrez folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 10: kennism folded before Flop (didn't bet)


I don't know why he called the river bet - maybe frustration, maybe didn't see he was counterfeited, but I'm glad he did - the hand wouldn't have been as memorable if he had folded - thanks pstvexpcttn!!

2 comments:

tsheets said...

wow! He couldn't beat an 8 kicker???!!!

gadzooks64 said...

Suuuuuuuuhwheat!

I won two pots v maniac donktardus maximus on Cake the other day with nothing but A high both times!

Gawd bless the donks.

P.S. Wash that damn shirt before you come to my home game you lewzor!