Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Look ma, no stains!!

Our softball season, actually, is not over. We played in the sweltering heat Monday night and won our first tournament game, 15-14. It was an exciting game. We got ahead by 5 runs early, then fell behind by 4 runs later. Then we tied it at 14-14. In the last inning, we scored once, and they didn't score. Our next game is Monday at 7:00, so my Mondays won't be freed up just yet.

Last night was trivia night at Double A's, and there were at least 19 teams there. My parents and sister Kelly decided to come out and play, along with some of Kelly's friends. We had our usual cast of characters there (Dubby, Haney, Toby, Jeff, Scott and Mary) and we ended up winning! We really got lucky on a few questions - we totally guessed what fraction of an iceberg shows above water, and got it right, and we had a difference of opinion among our team on the question about which country has the largest coastline. We went with the right answer again. Things just happened to fall our way this week. I was also happy to see that Kelly's team got 2nd place. It was a fun time, as always.

I'm thinking I might take a half day off work on Thursday - I'm already taking Friday off to go golfing down in Findlay, so it would make an even longer weekend. Plus, I have be in Peoria by 4:00 to get my oil changed. When I bought my car, I bought one of those service packs where I get free oil changes and maintenance checks. That's a great thing, but the latest appointment they'll make is 4:00, and I work until 4:15, so I'm going to have to leave an hour early anyway - might as well make it 4, right?

And one more thing - I went to Kouri's for lunch today - I ordered the spicy BBQ wings, and I didn't get anything on me! Unbelieveable, huh? I know, I didn't believe it either!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on your game tonight! You are going to have a nice cool evening, quite the opposite of last week :-)